Monday, June 13, 2011

Re-post: Real Women, Real Bodies

I have pulled this out from an old blog that I have maintained. I have written this piece September 2009


How comfortable are you about your body?


I know I'm not --- but I try (",)
Toni Maticevski: New York Fashion Week Fall 2007Image by Art Comments via Flickr

Why?

I guess it's because of those size-zero models who sashay along the runaway, showing off their neck and rib bones, slipping into those uber beautiful dresses which makes you think how can a dress like that fit an 'average girl' like me?







However I stumbled into this article while browsing through Facebook:



and saw her picture:-

Lizzie Miller

The model's name is Lizzie Miller. According to the article, Lizzie was considered big that she cannot even model plus-size lines! Imagine that!

This photo made me realise that we all have the same problem... love handles, big thighs, flabby tummy, stretch marks and the list can go on... but like what they say, 'Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder'.

Hope to see more of this!!!

Do you want to read the article? click here!

*photos courtesy of Flickr and Dailymail



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment