Friday, April 30, 2010

Apple iPad - is it for you?

I have always drooled about having an item from Apple's wide array of gadgets that you can choose from.

When my cousin got me an iPod Nano. I was over the moon!




iPod Nano Red. Special Edition. Author: o_more...Image via Wikipedia

I immediately took it out of the box and started tinkering with it. I was so fascinated with my iPod that I have stored it with lots and lots of songs, played with the 'name that song' game, checked the calendar and the other features that came along with it.
When I came here in Dubai, again my fascination to own a Macbook got revived that I even begged a friend to sell his 10-year old Macbook Pro to me so that I can have a 'see and feel' kind of thing.
I was there when the same friend who owns the Macbook got his iMac delivered to his home. I watch in amazement how this product dominated the US and is now slowly dominating the UAE.
After seeing the computers, I moved my fascination to the Apple iPhone. Imagine having almost everything that you need in one device - music, documents, emails, contacts and more! It was like bringing everything with you.
Just recently, Steve Jobs, CEO for Apple launched another equipment for Mac Addicts and Mac Addict-wannabe to rush and buy - the Apple iPad.
photo courtesy of http://www.apple.com/ipad/
I have seen it in the news... and to be honest, I was not that impressed. I guess it is Apple's answer to most of the computer companies who manufactured and design, a touchscreen device.
It did not appeal to me because 1) It does not have any use to me at the moment and 2) It looks like a big and I mean BIG iPhone prototype.
I was browsing the news for more information about this device and I saw one comment made by a 'Mac Addict'. He has mentioned that he can use the iPad to sketch his drawings and save them.


Apple's Answer to Amazon's Kindle?
The Kindle has been a big hit everywhere as not only are we saving Mother Earth by not printing books but it has also been handy for bookworms / newspaper readers to have all of what they want to read in one device. Oprah has been gushing about it in her show about how she love! love! Kindle.
However in Apple Insider, Oprah has I guess, found another love - Apple's iPad. With the iBookstore's launch, the iPad is now even more in demand! Imagine taking your lightweight computer with you to read books and then when you get tired of reading, you can play games.
Like what they say, big things comes in small packages :p
With where our technology is going, I think the iPad will probably go a long way... It's just not for me at the moment. I have not convinced myself that I want to use the touchscreen for typing my emails or doing my blogs. I still prefer the old-fashioned clackety-clack sound of a keyboard. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment